Global Goes Local assists companies as one point of contact to get global talents local in Sweden through coordinating registrations and applications needed to start working in Sweden. We assist with work and residence permits, registrations with the Swedish Tax Agency and Social Insurance Agency as well as other formalities for companies and their future employees. Note that employees need to be sponsored by a company in order to use our services.

Global Goes Local is certified by the Swedish Migration Agency and has access to the fast track for processing work permit applications in Sweden. With the assistance of Global Goes Local your new employees can start working in Sweden faster.

Work Permit

Lots of forms, we coordinate.

Tax Registration / ID Card

To get your employee going, we organize the number of existence.

Social Security

To get your employee covered, we assist with all formalities.

Global Goes Local assists global companies as one point of contact to establish a business and get local in Sweden. We take care of company incorporation as well as registration with authorities such as the Company Register and Tax Authorities. We also assist with legal administration, financial services and tax reporting to keep your company compliant with local laws and regulations.


To start your business in Sweden, we take care of the incorporation of the Swedish company.

Legal Administration

To keep your Swedish company compliant, we take care of the legal administration.

Financial Services

To ensure correct financial reporting and payroll administration, we connect you to the right local partners.

Work Permit

Why: Most citizens of non-EU countries need a work permit to be entitled to work in Sweden.

When: The employee should in most cases apply for and have been granted a work permit before entering Sweden.

How: The application should be submitted to the Swedish Migration Agency. The employer in Sweden initiates the work permit application by completing an offer of employment and by advertising the job.

Tax Registration/ID Card

Why: To be part of the Swedish tax system and to receive a personal identification number the employee should register with the Swedish Tax Agency. A Swedish ID card is also needed as a form of identification and can be obtained from the Swedish Tax Agency.

When: As soon as an employee comes to Sweden a personal identification number needs to be obtained. Once the employee receives the personal identification number the employee can apply for an ID card with the Swedish Tax Agency. 

How: A local Swedish Tax Office needs to be visited in person and the right documents need to be shown.

Social Security

Why: To be able to receive social benefits and allowances the employee needs to register with the Swedish Social Insurance Agency. 

When: As soon as the employee has received a personal identification number from the Tax Agency.

How: The employee must fill in and submit an application to the Social Insurance Agency. After being registered the employee may apply for particular social benefits such as parental leave or sick leave.


Why: To have your local Swedish entity when starting a business in Sweden.

When: As soon as a decision has been made to start operating in Sweden, a Swedish company can be incorporated.

How: Once the correct documents are collected and all legal requirements are met, the company can be incorporated and registered with the Swedish Company Registration office within a few weeks. To be able to incorporate a company, a bank account is needed to get a bank certificate which confirms the share capital on the bank account. Opening a bank account is the most time consuming part of the incorporation process.

Legal Administration´╗┐

Why: To make sure the company is compliant with Swedish laws and regulations.

When: As soon as the Swedish company has been incorporated and registered with the Swedish Company Registration Office.

How: Preparation or review of standard legal documents such as board- and shareholders meeting minutes, articles of association and share register.

Financial Services

Why: To make sure the company follows Swedish accounting and tax regulations.

When: As soon as the Swedish company has been registered with the Swedish Company Registration Office it needs to register for tax purposes and as employer.

How: Coordination with competent local service providers that take care of all financial services for the Swedish company such as tax reporting, accounting services and payroll administration.